Working Papers

PA Child Labor Act

All students between the ages of 14 through 17 are required by Pennsylvania Labor Law to secure a Work Permit before they may begin to work. Exceptions to this law are 17 year-old-students who have graduated or have officially withdrawn from school. Students who have reached age 18 do not need a work permit.

If you are a minor, ages 14 – 17 and currently possess a valid work permit through North Penn School District, you may continue to use that permit to work.

As of January 1, 2013, physicians and employers are not required to sign the application.

Instructions for Completing Student Working Papers

Students must reside in the North Penn School District.

North Penn High School, Middle School and Private School Students:

  • Working Papers are processed in the North Penn High School’s K-Pod Reception Office
  • Proof of birth is required – Birth Certificate, Passport, Drivers Permit or License are accepted
  • Parent/guardians are required to sign the working paper application and are welcome to observe the application process.
  • All students must sign the working permit in front of the issuing officer.

If an application has been picked up in the K-Pod Reception Office or downloaded, please complete by clearly printing your name, address and place of birth.

Download the application

Please call the K-Pod Receptionist with any questions – 215-368-9800
Office hours during school year: Monday – Friday 7:00 am to 3:00 pm